Our teachers shape the lives of our children. To say "Thank You" would be the kindest gesture a student could give. Expressing your gratitude for the role a teacher has played in your life or your child's life with a card or note would be cherished forever. But how do we put everything that we are thankful for into the perfect message?
If you are looking for examples of teacher appreciation quotes, here are a few sample messages and layouts to help you form your thank you message and encourage those who teach. Feel free to use these in awards, cards, or gifts!
Gifts for Teacher Appreciation
There is no better way to show your teacher your appreciation for their help and support than by buying or making them a gift.
Your gift does not need to be extravagant, even a simple thank you note can go a long way to making someone feel special and valued.
The most important part of the gift is the message and the wording you choose to express that gratitude. Here are some sample quotes you may like:
Quotes for a Gift from the Class
- "A great teacher is a great artist; his medium is not canvas, but the human soul."
- "Every calling is great when greatly pursued" ~ Oliver Wendall Holmes
- "A Good Teacher is like a candle it consumes itself to light the way for others."
- "The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth." ~Dan Rather
- "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." ~ William A. Ward
- "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child." ~ Forest Witcraft
- "When God created teachers, He gave us special friends to help us understand His world and truly comprehend the beauty and the wonder of everything we see and become a better person with each discovery. When God created teachers, He gave us special guides To show us ways in which to grow So we can all decide How to live and how to do What's right instead of wrong, To lead us so that we can lead And learn how to be strong. Why God created teachers, in His wisdom and His grace, was to help us learn to make our world a better, wiser place. " ~ Kevin William Huff
Wording for Teacher Awards & Recognition from the School
"With enduring appreciation for sharing your gift of teaching countless students at Boston University School of Management."
"You had the mastery, commitment, passion, and a strong sense of giving to reach our grateful students."
Teacher Appreciation Quotes from Student's Parents
Parents and teachers have a special partnership to support and grow the students that parents send to school each day. One of the most touching forms of acknowledgment that teachers can get comes from the parents of the children they work with day in and day out.
Most students' parents would like to prepare unique teacher gifts with their teacher appreciation wording in wonderful way, you can see:
A thank-you notes to teachers to really express parents' gratitude for all they do. The thank-you notes said:
Dear Miss Jennifer,
My husband and I are so happy that Luke is enjoying preschool, you have no idea. It's not easy to send your first child to school but seeing what a ball Luke is having makes it a breeze. And we know we have you to thank for that. The activities you plan, the room you decorate, the friendships you help foster-- it's all incredible, and it's helping our son (and us!) believe that school is fun, which is incredibly important.
Thanks for everything!
Together with the other parents in your child's school, buy space in the local paper to celebrate teachers' everyday acts. List some of the wonderful things that are going on in the school and then thank the teachers by name.
Teacher Appreciation from the Community
Sometimes it's easy to forget that schools are part of our larger community. Through their work, teachers provide an immeasurable service to the communities in which they work. We've suggested some ways that communities can recognize the hard work and dedication of their teachers.
Communities often recognize our teachers with crystal appreciation plaques. Here are a few sample recognition messages and layouts that will encourage the local teachers in your community.