When someone closes the door on a career and opens the door to retirement, it’s time to celebrate. The words you choose to cheer someone on as they embrace this next step are important, which is why it’s so vital to think hard about retirement quotes and wishes, especially if they are going to be part of an inscription. A sweet sentiment, a bit of good humor, or a shared memory are all appropriate jumping off points when considering retirement quotes and wishes.
Retirement Quotes for Women
When the inspiring lady in your life embraces retirement, it’s time for you to show your appreciation. Consider these retirement quotes for women:
- "As you embark on the exciting journey into retirement, you will experience a transition that will be both thrilling and terrifying.” - Olivia Greenwell.
- "Retirement can be an opportunity to enjoy life in a new way, the right to stop work and do the 1,001 things you've always wanted to do but never had time for." - Sara Yogev.
Retirement Quotes for Men
Send a man on the brink of retirement forward with enthusiasm with this inspiring retirement quote for men.
- "We work all our lives so we can retire - so we can do what we want with our time - and the way we define or spend our time defines who we are and what we value.” –Bruce Linton.
Retirement Quotes for Friend
When your nearest and dearest heads toward retirement, your words matter. Why not send him off with warmth? Retirement quotes for friends can be a good way to do just that. Enjoy the simple message of this quote by Danielle Duckery.
- "Stay young at heart, kind in spirit, and enjoy retirement living."
Retirement Quotes for Coworkers
It’s hard to lose a member of your work team, but your well-wishes and your retirement quotes for coworkers will make all the difference.
- "As this chapter of your life ends, may a new and exceptional one begin."
- "After climbing the mountain, You can finally enjoy the view."
Retirement Quotes for Boss
When your fearless leader retires, it leaves a void in the workplace. It’s hard to imagine what your company might look like beyond your boss, but if you settle on some inspirational retirement quotes for boss, it might make the transition easier. Walt Mossberg said.
- “I see retirement as just another of these reinventions, another chance to do new things and be a new version of myself.”
Or consider these wise words from Howard Salzman.
- “Retirement is not a time to sleep, but a time to awaken to the beauty of the world around you.”
Can you imagine a more beautiful place to inscribe these retirement quotes than a gorgeous crystal plaque? DIY Awards offers deep-etch engraving at no additional cost, so your shimmering words won’t fade over time. The monument will reflect the importance of the honor and the honoree will feel their depth.