Keeping office morale high, staffers motivated, and innovation flowing is one important reason to emphasize employee recognition. Coming up with effective employee award ideas may seem daunting, just brainstorming might make you feel overwhelmed. But figuring out a way to honor the members of your team who have been there the longest, strive the hardest and set goals at the highest level is vitally important to the health of your operation. Another reason employee awards are so central to success? They convey very real appreciation for people you rely upon.
But how do you decide exactly who to recognize, and how? What are the metrics to evaluate employee performance? We’ll get you started with a list of employee award categories, their relevant criteria and some creative award names:
- Top Performer Award Criteria: This employee recognition award is as straightforward as it gets; it’s to be bestowed on the top performer at your organization. Measurable criteria should be taken into consideration. For example, the top salesperson is your division or the attorney who has billed the most hours that year would be good candidates for the Top Performer employee recognition award.
- Top Performer Award Names:
- Sample Top Performer Award Wording Ideas
- Sales Achievement Award Criteria: For those hotshots that just can’t stop signing deals with new clients or upping the orders for returning customers, the Sales Achievement Award is the way to go. This employee award can be given to an individual or small team within a larger organization, as long as sales milestones have been met and records shattered.
- Sales Achievement Award Names:
- Sample Sales Achievement Award Wording Ideas
- Length of Service Award Criteria: The perfect way to honor employee loyalty or someone on the edge of retirement, the Length of Service award is an ideal way to recognize long term employment. Show the employees who devote real time to a company that their service matters. Employees are normally eligible for the Length of Service awards at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 years of service.
- Length of Service Award Names:
- Sample Length of Service Award Recognition Messages
- Leadership Award Criteria: For the just-promoted supervisor, the coordinator who keeps everything running on all cylinders, or that new hire with incredible potential, the Leadership award is the perfect choice. Leadership is one of those rare gifts that shouldn’t be overlooked. It’s what keeps a workplace thriving and growing; so don’t forget to consider this all-important metric!
- Leadership Award Names:
- Sample Leadership Award Recognition Wordings
- Customer Service Award Criteria: Sometimes a thankless job, customer service is perhaps the most important skill an employee can possess. The link between customer and company can make or break a corporation’s reputation. Take customer comment cards and survey rankings into consideration when deciding who to honor with a Customer Service award.
- Customer Service Award Names:
- Sample Customer Service Award Wording Message
- Partnership Award Criteria: Companies rely on so many links to build a safe and sturdy chain, and partnerships are a major part of that. Parent companies work with retailers, advertisers, suppliers and distributors. Partnership awards should be reflective of those hardworking partners who have shown strong commitment in building a strong relationship with the company.
- Partnership Award Names:
- Partner of the Year Award
- Vendor of the Year Award
- Supplier of the Year Award
- Distributor of the Year Award
- Sample Partnership Award Wording Message
- Safety Award Criteria: For teams and warehouses with zero workplace accidents, individual employees with perfect safety records, drivers without accidents and more, corporate Safety awards send a message that this achievement matters. For single employees or small groups, consider a Safety award to reinforce the importance of following protocol and running a cohesive operation.
- Safety Award Names:
- Sample Safety Award Wording Message
Hopefully, these guidelines will help you create effective employee awards within your workplace. Employee award ideas can make an organization more contemplative, and encourage staffers to do their very best work each day of their tenure.