There are various ways you can express appreciation and support to your boss on Boss's Day. One popular method is to send a thank you gift with a personalized message.
There are good bosses and there are bad bosses. Whether you share a great rapport with your boss and get along very well with them, or you are almost at daggers drawn, the perfect quote or poem can be a great way to uplift their mood and gain insights into their minds.
Advantages of Recognizing a Good Leader
As we all know, finding people who are naturally great leaders can be a challenge. This is especially true in the corporate setting. Consequently, when you get to work with an amazing boss, you obviously want to let them know you have noticed their talents.
By offering a "thank you" to your boss for Boss Appreciation Day or some other celebratory event, you can gain the benefits that come from showing your managers you notice and admire their abilities. Here are some advantages of recognizing your superb supervisor:
- The best leaders are likely to stick around. When leaders are recognized for being excellent bosses, they may be less likely to leave your company to go to a competitor's business. This means you get to keep a fantastic leader for longer.
- Your leader will work harder. When we are recognized for doing something well, we tend to put more effort into raising the bar even higher. This may mean that your good boss becomes a great boss next year, which can only result in your team being happier.
- Your boss will remember that employees are watching. Bosses sometimes feel like they are working in a vacuum. By saying thanks, you acknowledge that you are aware of what they do on a day to day basis. Therefore, your boss will feel a heightened sense of positive belonging and responsibility.
Below are a few tips and hints for you to create a wonderful gift to capture the way you feel about your phenomenal boss for Boss Appreciation Day.
Boss Day Quotes for a Card
Boss’s Day is a day for employees to show their bosses the appreciation they deserve. Employees generally give cards, flowers, gifts, or gift baskets, based on their boss’s personality and hobbies to show their appreciation and support.
Writing a personalized card says a lot without having to actually say that much. Cards are known to be personal yet professional and subtle yet meaningful. A good quote or saying can instantly perk up your managers mood! Here are a few of our favoite quotes for a leader -
- “The best leader is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” – Theodore Roosevelt.
- “A good manager is a man who isn’t worried about his own career but rather the careers of those who work for him.” – H. S. M. Burns
- “Management by objective works – if you know the objectives. Ninety percent of the time you don’t.” – Peter Drucker
- “Everyone rises to their level of incompetence.” – Dr. Lawrence Peter
- “If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the next morning you will have a flat tire.” – Cannon’s Law
- “The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven’t made up their minds.” – Casey Stengel
- Most people like hard work. Particularly when they are paying for it. ~Franklin P. Jones
Boss Day Quotes for Plaques and Awards
Customizing a crystal award plaque for your boss will be the perfect gift. Every crystal award from DIY Awards is hand crafted to perfection. Our products are made from the finest crystal and finished with exquisite bevels and facets. Our award plaques are known for their incredibly clarity, elegant styles and sophisticated workmanship.
When combining a personalized crystal "Best Boss Award" with your special message, your gift will be treasured by the manager or boss at your company.
Looking for the perfect wording? Try out on of these examples and put your own spin on it!
- Thanks for being such a great boss! It is a pleasure to work for you and with you!
- Your vision, inspiration and leadership make you an extraordinary boss. It’s a privilege to work with you!
- Every successful team has someone terrific like you leading from the front. Thank you for your inspiration and encouragement!
- More than a boss. You have been a mentor to me! Wish you a very happy Boss’ Day.
- Your dedication, passion & vision are really inspiring. Thank you for everything you do.<
- You are a great boss and I am a very lucky employee! Happy Boss’s Day!
Boss Day Poems
Many employees choose to send a gift when they want to say thank you but if you want to make it more personalized, the gift could also include a thank you poem to make your sincere appreciation and support for your boss known.
Boss Day Quotes From Songs
Is your boss the type who always works while listening to music? The next time you are in their office, be sure to tune in. Find out about your boss's favorite artists and songs. That way, when you customize an optical crystal plaque for your fearless leader, you can add a well-considered lyric engraving to the award.
One word of note — your boss will no doubt want to display the crystal plaque for years to come. Therefore, be cautious about choosing a lyric that will stand the test of time and be perfect for any audience. Yes, humorous lyrics can be amusing from an inside-joke perspective, but usually a quote should be professional, above-board and suitable for all occasions.
Boss Day Quotes From Movies and TV
Perhaps your boss constantly talks about binge-watching certain TV shows. Maybe they love to check out classic movies from the 1940s or 50s.
Using what you know about your manager's cinema and television watching habits, start hunting around the Internet for great quotes to include in a card or on a crystal plaque. Almost every movie or TV show has its own set of characters who have said at least one memorable line. Your job is to find the line that best matches your boss's personality, then have it engraved or added to your Boss Appreciate Day gift.
Give a Nod to Good Leaders
If you have been given the gift of working under a good leader, let them know you care.
Want some insights into buying a crystal award for your boss? Contact DIY Awards now for the inside scoop.