Boss's Day is on , October .
National Bosses Day is an occasion that allows works to recognize their managers, supervisors and employers for encouragement, guidance and leadership throughout the year. Your boss or manager sets the tone for the entire workplace. Heading up an office or company is often a thankless job. Bosses are in charge of budgeting, human resources and implementing policies & strategies. And they are expected to do all that while continuing to boost morale and fearlessly lead.
While it is not mandatory to give your boss a gift, a gesture of appreciation lets your workplace leader know that their hard work isn't overlooked. Treating your boss to lunch, chipping in for a gift card or whipping up a batch of homemade cookies are nice, but rather boring, ideas. A personalized boss day gift, however, one that is beautifully made and permanent, is a more unique way to let your boss know that he or she is appreciated.
Etched crystal plaques and awards are unique and elegant. They can be personalized to look exactly as you envision. Deep etch engraving will let you say exactly what you wish to communicate. Your boss will proudly display the award for years to come, thanks to its fine craftsmanship and meticulous engraving. When it comes time to praise the boss who leads the way at your place of business, the personalized crystal boss day gift speaks volumes.
History and Facts About National Boss's Day
- "Boss" comes from the Dutch word "baas" (meaning "a master"), a standard title for a ship's captain.
- The first time the word "boss" was used in English was in 1625.
- National Boss's Day was started in 1958 when Patricia Bays Haroski registered the holiday to honor her father who was also her boss. She chose his birthday as the date.
- National Boss's Day is celebrated on October 16, or the nearest working day.
- National Boss's Day was backed by Illinois Governor Otto Kerner who officially proclaimed the day in 1962.
- Hallmark started to sell Boss's Day cards from 1979.
- National Boss's Day has become an international celebration in recent years and now is observed in countries such as England, Australia and South Africa.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics research indicates that about one in five full-time workers has some level of supervisory responsibility over other employees, and about 12 percent of all full-time workers are directly responsible for managing other employees.
- Workplace surveys confirm that one of the most important elements of job satisfaction is a positive relationship between a supervisor and employee.
Sample Boss's Day Gift Wording Ideas and Boss Award Messages
A personalized Boss's Day gift goes a long way to honor those at the helm for their leadership and dedication. The following is a list of boss day gift message options to express your heartfelt appreciation:
- Thanks for being such a great boss! It is a pleasure to work for you and with you!
- Your vision, inspiration and leadership make you an extraordinary boss. It's a privilege to work for you and with you!
- Every successful team needs someone terrific like you taking the lead. Thank you for your inspiration and encouragement!
- More than a boss, you have been a caring guide and role model. I wish you a very happy Boss's Day!
- Your dedication, passion and vision are inspiring. Thank you for everything you do.
- Your kindness and fairness are exemplary. I am a very lucky employee! Happy Boss's Day!
- Your passion, fairness and creativity set the standard. Thank you for being our driving force!
- You keep our team together and inspire future success. Happy Boss's Day to our fearless leader!
- A guiding light, a shining example, a brave leader. No matter what words you use, it all adds up to you! Happy Boss's Day!
- When the going gets tough and we need a reason to persevere, you're there with motivation. Thank you for seeing us through thick and thin.
- Some people see the future in black and white; some see it in dazzling technicolor! Your vision has motivated and inspired us all… Happy Boss's Day!
- A workplace is nothing without employees, but THIS workplace would be nothing without you! Thank you for the encouragement and guidance.
- Happy Boss's Day to a manager who effortlessly juggles responsibility, creativity and positivity. We are lucky to have you at the helm!
- The cohesiveness of our team, sense of workplace respect and supportive environment at the office can all be attributed to one thing: YOU! Happy Boss's Day!
- This is an occasion to celebrate your shining example. With our warmest regards, Happy Boss's Day.